Friday, July 24, 2009

Aw, nuts...and bugs!

My dad gave me the nickname, Peanut, at a very young age. He said that it took forever for my hair to grow and in the meantime it was hard not to focus on my oddly-shaped noggin. He still calls me Peanut every now and then. So, naturally, when we told my parents we were going to have a baby he had to coin a nickname for her. After looking at the first ultrasound picture at eight weeks, Dad concluded that she looked like a cashew.
A few weeks later, I got a message from some good friends that they had the perfect name for her until we knew if she was a boy or a girl. Flip Flop. And considering I was in full-blown morning sickness - all day- it seemed fitting...because that's what she was doing!
Back in December, as I was journaling about a doctor's appointment that I had had, and after we had chosen the name Sophie, I began referring to her as Sophiebug. Just kind of rolls off your tongue. Wyatt and I never really thought we would get caught up in the silly nicknames that so many parents give their children. But that was before we had one of our own! Now I can say that we call her Sophiebug more than Sophie! Never say never, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment